Description : 450 Builders Silicone is a premium quality low modulus non-corrosive neutral cure silicone sealant that adheres to virtually all substrates, both porous and non-porous.
Typically used for construction expansion joints and perimeter pointing of all types of door and window frames.
Conforms to ISO 11600 class: F 25LM.
• Excellent adhesion - adheres to most common surfaces including glass, metals, plastics and wood
• Low dirt pick up - important in PVCu work
• Excellent flexibility - +/- 25%.
• High resistance to plasticiser migration - may be used over water based and solvent based paints.
• Excellent external weathering properties.
• Suitable for use on polycarbonate
• Certified under the harmonized European standard EN15651 for façade, glazing, cold climate and sanitary applications in compliance with the Construction Product Regulation
• FDA approved under code CFR 21. 177.2600(e)
Areas For Use
• Perimeter pointing internally and externally around PVCu /wood and all other window frames.
• Sealing and as an adhesive onto PVCu, plastic trims and components.
• Bedding insulated glass units in accordance with relevant clauses of BS8000 Part 7.
• Suitable as an expansion joint sealant.
• Weather sealing and joint sealing to pre-formed panels.
• Sealing soft metals such as lead, copper and zinc.
• General glazing sealing and draughtproofing, including repair work over existing sealant.
• Glass to glass and glass to aluminium sealing.
• Parapet and roof weather sealing applications.
• Do not use in conjunction with bitumen asphalt, neoprene and certain organic elastomers.
• Do not use in the manufacture of Aquariums. Use AQUA MATE
• Do not use on substrates that bleed oil, solvents or plasticisers.
• Non overpaintable. Use WEATHER MATE.
• Use as a mirror adhesive; Not recommended- Use MIRROR MATE.