Marlon clear solid polycarbonate sheets are used to create safety glass in all sorts of applications from racing cars to protecting church windows or on machine guards or to protect that valuable painting high security long-lasting. Their high transparency and smooth surface make them an attractive material for a wide range of applications. They offer extreme impact resistance, even at temperatures down to -100°C. The polycarbonate sheets can be thermoformed and cold-bent, and are easy to process.
Solid Clear Polycarbonate is similar to glass it is clear and easy to fix however it is up to 200 times stronger which makes it almost impossible to break,
Used in Police riot shields the material can be used to protect glazing paints machine guards etc. the list of possible uses is endless.
For expert advice and help telephone us on 01179 719922
- Marlon FS is a clear, transparent glazing material which provides 200 times more impact resistance than glass at only half the weight.
- Marlon FS can be thermoformed, fabricated and cold curved for use in architectural roof lights, barrel vaults and specialist glazing applications.
- Providing high impact resistance, Marlon FS is the preferred material for use in safety glazing, protective screening, machine guards and visors.
- Marlon FS is available in transparent, translucent or opaque in a choice of tints and solid colours.
- Product options include double-sided UV, advanced abrasion protection and Strong Adhesion Film for heavy fabrication projects.
- The Marlon FS range now extends to 15mm with the introduction of 15mm clear, flat polycarbonate sheet. With this super-strength option, the complete Marlon FS range features 0.75-15mm offering even more choice to suit a wide variety of applications.
Marlon FSX Longlife features dual-sided UV protection, which prevents 98% of damaging UV radiation from penetrating the sheet.
This superior glazing material is 200 times stronger but less than half the weight of glass. Combining UV protection, impact and chemical resistance, lightweight and high light transmission,
Marlon FSX is ideal for architectural roof lights, vertical glazing and specialist glazing applications. Marlon FSX is available with a Strong Adhesion Film (SAF), aimed at high-end engineering and fabrication projects that require extra protection during repeated processing, including milling, drilling, bending, cutting and thermoforming.
These sheets can be used to vandal-proof windows facades etc.
- Optically clear Suitable for thermoforming into shapes curves domes.
- Ability to cold curve in curved frames
- Lightweight and easy to handle easy to cut
- Excellent fire performance
- Longlife UV protection on two sides.