Dry fix ridge systems speed on-site installation.
When you install dry ridge it eliminates the need to carry mortar or sand and cement to the top of the roof making ridge installation easier, quicker and safer. Designed for standard ridge tiles 450mm width. If shorter ridges are being used more strips will be required - these can be purchased separately. Union strip and cap are available in black or mortar grey Corovent URS is suitable for use with both curved and angular ridges.
It accommodates more ridge tiles than any other system.
*Designed for standard ridge tiles 450mm widths
The Corovent dry ridge kit roll-out dry fix valley system is supplied as a complete system with all the components to fix 6m of a roof ridge
Dry Ridge Systems Contents
- 6m Dry Ridge Roll Out Tray.13 Dry Ridge Union Strips.13 Dry Ridge Caps.13 Dry Ridge Brackets.
- Universal dry ridge fixing system.Unique jointing system for ultimate versatility.
- Accommodates most known ridge tiles than any other system.
- Can be used with both half round and angled ridges.
- Dry fix is the fastest way to install ridge tiles.No wet trades needed. Smooth line providing a discreet appearance.
- Fix one bracket at each rafter. Bend lower legs of the bracket to suit chosen ridge tile, allowing stainless steel fixing screw to penetrate ridge batten at a minimum of 20mm.
- Correct bending position is best found by temporarily placing top tile batten and a few roof and ridge tiles and eyeing up bracket position beneath ridge tile. Subsequent brackets should be bent identically to the first.
- Push ridge batten (min 25mm x 50mm) firmly onto location spikes.
- Caution: Do not use a hammer - push batten only!
- When ridge batten is in place, bend bracket upper legs over and fix through holes with nails provided.
- Caution: Take care not to further bend bracket lower legs when fixing! Proceed to lay a top row of roof tiles. Unroll ridge-roll and fix with a nail at 1-2m centres.
- Peel backing from mastic strips and press firmly onto the tile,
- checking for good adhesion.
- Do not attempt fixing if the tile is wet or the temperature is below 5°c.
- If the ridge is longer than 6m, overlap rolls by a minimum of 75mm and fix a nail in the of the lap. Pre-bend union to match ridge tile.
- Assemble cap to union and push onto ridge tile. Cap & Union assembly should grip ridge tile without deformation to cap.
- Only if needed i.e. triangular ridge tiles, cap arms can be bent at bend point indicated.
- Caution: Bend once only. Repeated bending can overstress the component and lead to premature failure!
- Push next ridge tile firmly into place, trapping it between the cap and the union.
- Fix through the hole in the centre of the cap using 75mm stainless steel screws provided.
- Caution: Do not use nails!
- Screw should be tightened so that ridge tiles do not lift. Cap should not deform more than 3mm from its original shape. Note: If at this point it is discovered that the brackets were not set high enough at stage 1, another batten can be screw fixed on top of the original to achieve correct engagement.
- Ensure additional batten does not block vent holes in ridge roll. Click side arms into place. Ridge roll should overlap at edge of gable end by approx. 50mm when using a dry verge or black end ridge tile.
- When using a bedded verge, stop ridge roll 50mm short from edge of the gable end. Ridge tiles at end of the ridge must be full tiles, do not cut down.